LEARNING

Learning At The Potter's Wheel is a collection of articles on home, family, marriage, parenting, natural medicine and herbs. . . along with a few other items of interest. Have fun sorting through my junk drawer of assorted thoughts and ramblings.

AT THE POTTER'S WHEEL

The Potter has persisted in giving me treasures I don't always understand or appreciate. Patiently, He is teaching me to trust that all I really need to know is that I am in HIS hands. . .

Veterans Day -- Second Try

Duke nixed my first try at a Veterans Day post.

I was going to tell you about the feelings a veteran and his family have on this day.

I was going to tell you what happened when a young kid went to seek adventure and found out that he wasn’t a comic book hero and that those who might have been often didn’t survive.

I was going to tell you about coping with emotions, returning home when so many others didn’t.

Duke & others at Sheppard AFB after completing training

I was going to tell you about the protestors that

greeted returning military personnel in the
airports, bus terminals and train stations.

I was going to tell you how he was treated after his discharge by potential employers.

Phu Cat Air Base

I was going to try and describe the indescribable. I thought I’d done a pretty lousy job.

But I must not have been too far off.

It was just a little too true to share.

It was just a little too raw, still.

So, for those who didn’t make it back, I grieve for time too short.

For those who returned, I’m so glad you made it! I’m so grateful that you went.

I haven’t forgotten.

I remember.

Thank you veterans!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment



 

Alfalfa

Chickweed

Henna

Hydrangea

Hyssop

Plantain

Muellin

Myrrh