LEARNING

Learning At The Potter's Wheel is a collection of articles on home, family, marriage, parenting, natural medicine and herbs. . . along with a few other items of interest. Have fun sorting through my junk drawer of assorted thoughts and ramblings.

AT THE POTTER'S WHEEL

The Potter has persisted in giving me treasures I don't always understand or appreciate. Patiently, He is teaching me to trust that all I really need to know is that I am in HIS hands. . .

"There's just too many rules around here!"

That's what my 7 year old told his father.

His father served in the US Air Force during Vietnam. This was when a DI was allowed to 'lay hands suddenly' on recruits to expedite their training. My husband was incredulous at the announcement. Then, he started to replay scenarios of what would have happened if he had dared to make such a statement during basic training.

He's still laughing about it (the 7 year old didn't get a LOT of sympathy). When he related the story to some guys at work (and what would have happened during basic training), one fellow responded, "We'd still be working on that tunnel to China!"

Kids are great that way. Their emotion is genuine and heartfelt, but their perspective is a little limited. It helps me to remember that when I'm tempted to think that the Potter has a few rules too many -- my perspective isn't nearly as developed as the Potter's.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment



 

Alfalfa

Chickweed

Henna

Hydrangea

Hyssop

Plantain

Muellin

Myrrh