LEARNING

Learning At The Potter's Wheel is a collection of articles on home, family, marriage, parenting, natural medicine and herbs. . . along with a few other items of interest. Have fun sorting through my junk drawer of assorted thoughts and ramblings.

AT THE POTTER'S WHEEL

The Potter has persisted in giving me treasures I don't always understand or appreciate. Patiently, He is teaching me to trust that all I really need to know is that I am in HIS hands. . .

F-R-O-G !

I was running errands and stopped in the little neighborhood store near my home. The store is actually a converted shed that sells an assortment of home made goodies. They retail some homemade soap and laundry detergent made by my friend. Since my friend is about a 45 minute drive and the store is in the neighborhood, I stop in to purchase at the shed.

In the back, they’ve got a little kitchen/cafĂ© where some cooks that know how to do what grandma did serve up home-cooked meals to eat in or take out. There, on a shelf above the dining area, is my friend’s soap.

The bell clanked against the door as I entered the dining area. I noted that a gentleman and two ladies were eating at the table and chairs directly under the shelf containing the soap. “Excuse me,” I apologized. “I’m just going to grab some soap. I don’t mean to interrupt.” I reached up and got the bin, pulling out a few bars of soap and a couple of bags of laundry detergent.

Since we are in a friendly town in the South, it wasn’t at all strange to me that a conversation ensued about the merits of the soap. I was only too happy to tell them about how my friend came to make her soap, etc. Of course, this led to side conversations about how our little town isn’t little any more and is growing, etc.

At some point, the gentleman smiled and began to rummage in the pocket of his slacks saying, “I know! I need to give you a frog!”

It didn’t really faze me much. In my house, if someone says he’s got a frog in his pocket, it’s not all that unusual. Then I saw the appalled look on the lady’s face next to him, “Oh,” she exclaimed, “You’d better tell her what you mean!” That got a good-natured chuckle.

If you know me, it wouldn’t surprise you to know that all of this transpired without me ever getting everyone’s name. I inherited that gift from my mom. She (and I) can easily meet and have interesting conversations with anyone and never get the name. I figure this way they’ll never know for sure if I’m ready for a care facility :-D.

I continued to watch as this man actually DID pull out several plastic and rubber frogs of all colors and offered me one for myself, Duke, B and Z-man. As he did, he explained that someone had told him that F.R.O.G. was an acronym for Fully Rely On God. He liked the message and its truth so much that he began purchasing these little frogs to carry with him everywhere and share with people, telling them that they need to Fully Rely On God.

WHAT A BLESSING!

I thanked those kind folks and gave them a card with information on how to find No Greater Joy’s web site.

Early the next day (before decent people are normally awake *wink*) as Duke was getting ready to go to work, I slipped him the large green frog and told him the story. He smiled, stood a little straighter and slipped his frog into his pocket.

Now, we all have little pocket reminders to Fully Rely On God. I am so grateful that this servant of the Most High was willing to share this blessing with me and my family.

Have you remembered to F.R.O.G. today?

What a friend we have in Jesus,

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in
prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in
prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in
prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in
prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in
prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in
pray
er!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.

Text: Joseph M. Scriven, 1820-1886
Music: Charles C. Converse, 1832-1918




5 comments:

  1. Jennifer said...
     

    That is so very sweet. Very encouraging. :) Thanks for sharing as well :)

  2. Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...
     

    I've really enjoyed looking through your blog! It's fun and encouraging! Thank you!

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

  4. MommaJo ~ said...
     

    Hey! You're blog is so full of knowledge. I found you thru WTM, thru someone elses blog, I think. Would you mind if I added you to my list on my blog?
    Since I can't remember the exact avenue that I found you, I can't quite figure out if who you are on WTM. I have to list you as your WTM name on my blog or I'll NEVER keep all these fabulous girls straight! LOL
    mommajo

  5. Sondra said...
     

    AW~this is sweet! When I saw FROG I was sure it was a crochet term~LOLOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Post a Comment

Post a Comment



 

Alfalfa

Chickweed

Henna

Hydrangea

Hyssop

Plantain

Muellin

Myrrh