LEARNING

Learning At The Potter's Wheel is a collection of articles on home, family, marriage, parenting, natural medicine and herbs. . . along with a few other items of interest. Have fun sorting through my junk drawer of assorted thoughts and ramblings.

AT THE POTTER'S WHEEL

The Potter has persisted in giving me treasures I don't always understand or appreciate. Patiently, He is teaching me to trust that all I really need to know is that I am in HIS hands. . .

Sing like no one is listening . . . but GOD!

We were reading Scripture at breakfast this morning. My 7 year old wanted to share a song he had learned. It was a really sweet song; he sounded whispy and airish as he tried to mimick the recorded music he had heard. He did a pretty good job imitating the style, and he asked me what I thought.

“That was great B!” Then I went on to describe how God had created the lungs within his chest cavity to resound with the vibrations of music and how we could use them to create music. “You don’t just have to sing from your throat or mouth and sound breathless. Sing with joy! Use the full range of what God has given you.” I paused searching for words and continued, “Sing with abandon, like it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks of you. Sing like no one is listening . . . but God!”

Then I showed him how to sit up straight, lift his rib cage, place his palms against the underside of the table and push (without actually lifting the table). "Now," I said, "Sing like you don’t care who hears you."

“Try again,” I encouraged him. As we listened, something wondrous happened. A full voice rang out with a new song. I was amazed at the difference. He didn’t need my look of approval to tell him that this was beautiful.

It reminded me how often I’ve cloaked my walk in garments designed to garner men’s praise. Whether I was avoiding conflict, seeking approval or just trying to fit in, so many times I lived my life as though the estimation of another person was the ultimate gain or loss.

Yet, those times when I have cast it all aside for love of HIM . . .
When I danced like no one was watching,
or sang like no one was listening,
or gave without reserve,
or rejoiced without care . . . .
THAT’s when I’ve felt HIS smile!
That’s when heart memories of things I was made for
reverberate and echo notes I’ve never heard,
but know.
Sing, child, sing!
Sing for HIM!
Let the mountains reverberate
with the sound of your song.
Let the leaves wave in the breeze of His good pleasure
at the sound of your praise.
Sing though none else sings with you.
Sing with the accompaniment of your heart.
Rejoice, for HE is GOD!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Isaiah 55:12
For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace:
the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing,
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment



 

Alfalfa

Chickweed

Henna

Hydrangea

Hyssop

Plantain

Muellin

Myrrh