LEARNING

Learning At The Potter's Wheel is a collection of articles on home, family, marriage, parenting, natural medicine and herbs. . . along with a few other items of interest. Have fun sorting through my junk drawer of assorted thoughts and ramblings.

AT THE POTTER'S WHEEL

The Potter has persisted in giving me treasures I don't always understand or appreciate. Patiently, He is teaching me to trust that all I really need to know is that I am in HIS hands. . .

My Journey -- Natural Medicine


I believe that it is important to share information that could help others. I am not, nor do I claim to be, a medical professional. I am a mama that has had to learn natural ways of helping her family stay healthy.

I do not avoid doctors when they are needed. I find that medical science is an invaluable tool for diagnosing ailments. Emergency surgeons are a precious gift. Our youngest son's life was saved by a learned surgeon's hands.

Having said that, we live in a customer driven society. As in other areas, medicine and its practitioners have been required to deal with patients that are very IM-patient. Doctors are asked to prescribe instant treatments/medicines to "cure" conditions that have been ignored or took years to develop. The human body isn't just an assembly of replaceable parts that can be fine tuned on a whim.

But I digress. . .

I had an interest in natural/herbal medicine for years, but never had the time or motivation to pursue it. That's when God gave me both in the form of our little Z-man. His extra chromosome means that his body doesn't deal as efficiently with free radicals than those of us without his little something extra.

Suddenly, it mattered greatly what we put in our bodies (and our environment) and how it was prepared. It was no longer just a good idea, but an immediate need.

Thankfully, I have been blessed with time constraints and a limited bank account. These conditions have forced me to find methods and ingredients that are manageable. A miracle preparation that robs me of the time I need to invest in my little ones is no gift. Hope in a bottle that requires my husband to work extra hours and takes money away from necessities is no hope, but slavery with a smile. No, thank you!

So, I share what I've found hoping it will help others. All of my information is easily gleaned from various sources. It is not my own, but based on hours of research. As these things have been shared with me, I share them with you.

Disclaimer: None of this is to be considered a substitute for medical examination and/or treatment. Use what you will, but do so knowing that you must consider your own circumstance and the application of these things with sound judgment.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment



 

Alfalfa

Chickweed

Henna

Hydrangea

Hyssop

Plantain

Muellin

Myrrh